“People First” is the first half of our firm motto. It includes our clients, our community, and our team. At Scott|Edwards Architecture, we believe diversity in our staff- their backgrounds, motivations and inspirations- helps propel us toward our vision of achieving excellence in everything we design. Our office culture is open, inclusive and collaborative. We think of ourselves as a perpetual Portland-based architectural start-up. This keeps us enthusiastic, collaborative, experimental and fun. It also keeps our focus clear, “People First|Design Forward.” As a firm our commitment extends well beyond specific projects. We forge lasting relationships with clients and actively support organizations that similarly embrace our pursuit of social, cultural, and environmental sustainability.
We are currently seeking a mid-level Interior Designer to join our integrated Interior Design Studio. The ideal candidate would possess a positive attitude, strong design and technical skills, augmented by a proven ability to take a project through all levels of development and communicate professionally and effectively with our clients. We are an engaging, collaborative group that works on a wide variety of project types.
Resumes supporting the following qualifications and experience will be considered:
· Interior Architecture or Interior Design degree from an accredited school.
· 5-10 years of relevant Interior Design experience in a firm setting.
· Material and finish selection and presentation.
· Programming and space planning skills.
· Production of pricing documents and construction documents.
· Experience with specifying, purchasing, field verification and installation of FF&E.
· Assisting the project team in developing functional and aesthetic design within budget,
or TI allowance.
· Basic working knowledge of building codes.
· Collaboration skills and experience working effectively with clients, consultants and
· Experience participating in Construction Administration.
· Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit is required with skills in Adobe Creative Suite and
SketchUp preferred. Hand sketching a plus.
· Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills.
Scott|Edwards Architecture offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Our ‘People First|Design Forward’ philosophy has resulted in S|EA being named one of Oregon’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” by both Oregon Business Magazine and The Oregonian.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and sampling of your work for immediate consideration at
email@example.com. No phone calls please.