Scott|Edwards Architecture is seeking an Interior Designer to join our staff. S|E A is a firm built on the idea that innovative design solutions result from a collaborative effort between architect, client and community. We lead our clients on an exploration of possibilities, guided by traditional principles of design, clarified through a contemporary perspective. To this end we look for talented, versatile team members who enjoy working in an open studio environment that facilitates interaction and creativity. Our working environment is defined by energy, enthusiasm and collaboration. As a firm our commitment extends well beyond specific projects. We forge lasting relationships with clients and actively support organizations that similarly embrace our pursuit of social, cultural, and environmental sustainability.
For the position of Interior Designer, we are seeking a candidate with a positive attitude, strong design and technical skills, augmented by a proven ability to take a project through all levels of development and communicate professionally and effectively with our clients.
Resumes supporting the following qualifications and experience will be considered:
- Interior Architecture or Interior Design degree from an accredited school.
- 5-7 years of professional experience in a firm setting.
- Experience with test fits, BOMA calculations, and commercial tenant improvement projects preferred.
- Production of space plans, pricing documents, construction documents.
- Coordination with other disciplines to complete a project.
- Experience with specifying, purchasing, field verification and installation of FF&E.
- Assisting Architectural team in developing functional and aesthetic design within budget, or TI allowance.
- Basic knowledge of building and HSW safety codes.
- Basic knowledge of other disciplines to complete project (i.e. building standards, furniture, electrical, finish coordination, mechanical, architectural, structural, etc.)
- Experience with Construction Administration.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit is required with skill in Adobe Creative Suite and SketchUp preferred.
Scott|Edwards Architecture offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Our ‘People First | Design Forward’ philosophy has resulted in S|EA being named one of Oregon’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” by both Oregon Business Magazine and The Oregonian.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and sampling of your work for immediate consideration at email@example.com. No phone calls please.