In a profession where the achievements of the firm are only equal to the quality of its people, LRS Architects stands out. If you thrive in a culture of reliability, honesty and respect, we want to meet you.
What are we looking for?
Soft skills we look for in employees:
- The ability to jump in quickly and collaboratively
- A personality that obtains and retains the respect of colleagues and clients
- Humility and a passion for teaching their craft
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- A commitment to design excellence
We seek to fill the following full time positions based in our Portland, OR office:
- Interior Designer
What will you be doing here?
- Collaborate with design teams on a variety of project types including workplace, housing, and retail
- Perform a variety of tasks for projects including programming, conceptual design, design development and construction contract documents, and contract administration
- Coordinate working drawings
- Work with consultants, contractors, vendors, and product reps to meet overall project objectives
- Contribute to client presentations and meetings
Please note this is only a partial listing of responsibilities of this position.
Essential credentials include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design
- 4-8 years of related experience as an interior designer
- Intermediate Revit competence
- Excellent design skills and an appreciation for creative and thoughtful design
- Thorough understanding of construction documents including interior detailing
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly with team members and clients
- Flexibility to maintain productivity and meet deadlines with a variety of projects in various stages of development
- Self-initiator who works well independently and collaboratively
- Team oriented and willing to perform whichever role best meets the project needs
Voted one of the Top Work Places in Oregon, LRS Architects offers a generous benefits package, respects our staff’s work life balance and has a fun work environment (ask about Thirsty Thursday, hula hoop breaks and yoga on the roof deck). Our broad portfolio spans over 40 years and includes architecture, interiors, and planning work for housing, commercial, retail, office, hospitality, and civic. We offer the collective experience of over 120 brilliant people, including 6 in our Shanghai, China Office.
Please forward your cover letter, resume, and URL/Portfolio to Calista Fitzgerald at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.