A GRIT Designer is part artist, part visionary, part engineer, and part computer tech wizard all rolled into one. They are able to execute design intent into a GRIT solution with proficiency and accuracy. A GRIT Designer is driven by a commitment to outstanding customer satisfaction and possesses a strong team spirit.
About the Company
GRIT Building Solutions has worked with DIRTT interior construction solutions for the last decade. The owners and management at GRIT recognize the need to build smarter and more responsibly, and DIRTT offers the highest performing, most complete off-site manufactured construction solution in the world. Our goal is to modernize the interior construction industry through the use of rapid, highly flexible, and sustainable offsite constructed interiors.
We help our clients build better, leveraging technology to bring to life construction practices for the 21st century! Our solutions improve not only the way people build and interact with their surroundings, but they also drastically reduce construction waste and are flexible to meet ever-changing demands.
What You Will Do
- Collaborate with design team, clients, consultants, contractors, fabricators, regulatory agencies and other vendors to meet overall project objectives.
- Participate in all project phases, including conceptual designs, presentations, schematic design, design development, construction documents, production and installation.
- Produce graphic presentations, 3D renderings, and construction drawings.
- Design client projects using ICE software, populating a floor plan from scratch or from a predesigned AutoCAD/Revit plan with the DIRTT solutions.
- Review all production information and drawings for accuracy.
- Exhibit a high level of professionalism at all times regardless of the audience.
- Prepare initial pricing in Kinetech.
- Request quotes from other vendors and subtrades.
- Know and understand all local code requirements including interior construction, millwork, power, and networks.
- Organize and submit orders.
Experience, Assets and Attributes
- The ability to read blueprints, construction documents, and specifications.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) and/or SketchUp, as well as in modeling using 2D/3D software such as CAD, Revit, Octane, 3dViz, 3ds MAX, and/or Rhino utililzing V-Ray.
- An understanding of interior construction including architectural elements, millwork, hardware, lighting, electrical, HVAC, and basic base-building knowledge with some knowledge of relevant building codes and accessibility requirements.
- A degree or diploma in design, architecture, building construction, construction management, or engineering and/or 1-2 years or construction, architectural, interior design or related experience.
- A high sense of urgency; able to execute on tasks efficiently and calmly when multitasking and quick thinking are required.
- A self-motivated and entrepreneurial nature: a problem solver.
- An aptitude with technology and willingness to learn.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills that let them work closely with all project stakeholders as well as teammates.
- High level of organization and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
Please send a resume and cover letter (work samples optional) to Allison Sims email@example.com.