Garrison Hullinger Interior Design, Inc. is seeking a full-time experienced Interior Designer. We are looking for a talented and motivated person that fits with our team that is made up of individuals who have a passion for client satisfaction, a compelling intellectual curiosity, and a good sense of humor. Our firm encourages creativity in an informal environment and presents a great opportunity for the right candidate to develop all of their skills. The candidate must be hard-working, team player with sophisticated and creative sensibilities. Our team needs a talented individual with 3 years relevant experience in Commercial/Multifamily/Hospitality that works in REVIT as well as CAD. The interior designer must be able to prepare accurate models, construction documents, and actively participate in the design process. Our work day is one that starts and ends when you’ve completed your eight hours, rare is the occasion that we ask you to work evenings or weekends…quarterly company happy hour is not required…but recommended.
The Interior Designer position is responsible for working remotely with clients on all aspects of design projects. This interior Designer will work closely with the team under the Sr Interior Designer. You must have no less than 2-3 years working in REVIT and AUTOCAD as an interior designer or interior architect.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Originates and develops creative design concepts and the design documents during the design development phase.
2. Develops solutions to design problems.
3. Regularly communicates with team and takes direction from other team members to verify design requirements and specifications, progress reviews and design delivery.
4. Attends on-site visits and client meetings to verify design requirements and delivers progress reviews.
- Corrects and updates, making minor adaptations and modifications, to complete working design documents.
- Receives instruction on specific design objectives, complex features and possible solutions and independently performs assignments.
- Participates in department meetings to ensure the design intent is consistently in adherence.
- Coordinates use and tracks shared electronic documentation and files with project team, clients and contractors.
- Tracks, records and ties design hours to specific projects for job costing.
- Maintains punctual, regular and predictable attendance.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Displays excellent communication skills including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills required in working with clients and coworkers; including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
- Respectfully takes direction from manager.
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or four to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as building codes (online and in print), plans, engineering and architectural plans, electrical lighting plans, procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to scale as well as compute, area, circumference, and volume, rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Has advanced specialized computer skills that require mastery of applicable software in such fields as interior design and interior architecture. Proficient user of Revit and AutoCAD LT 2016/2017. Prefer experience with Adobe Suite as well.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to red-line and interpret red-lined drawings.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
A valid Driver’s License is required.
To be considered, please apply via this link https://ghid.bamboohr.com/jobs/
The following will be required:
- Example of recent Revit work
- Salary requirement
- Available start date