Ankrom Moisan Architects is a dynamic design firm providing architecture, interiors, urban design, branding and identity strategy services. Our mission is to create Places where People and Communities Thrive. We express that not only in the work we produce, but by the way we work with one another. Our teams work collaboratively to inspire future growth both as an individual and as a firm.
We are currently seeking a Senior Interior Designer to join our Portland team and to lead through your exceptional design ability and project management skills.
If you are passionate about designing the built environment, can put together thoughtful and innovative concepts, and are considered a leader in the field, we would like you to come join our Portland Interiors team as a senior level interior designer. In this role, you will take the lead on actively developing project concepts carrying the client’s vision from ideation to construction. You are able to lead the kind of team people are excited to work on, and your project management skills are the talk of the town.
- Manage multiple projects, working with a Principal to establish scope, write fees, develop schedules, and execute workplans that facilitate a successful and profitable completion to each project.
- Lead conceptual design work, design presentations interfacing directly with clients.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of constructability and detailing of interior design elements and can execute quality control of project documentation, enforcing QA/QC processes.
- Support business development activities through the active participation in promotional opportunities, strategic advancement and market research.
- Proven ability to maintain, grow and develop new and existing client relationships.
- Able to mentor budding interior designers advancing skill and design development.
- Active leader in firm initiatives.
- Facilitate and lead design presentation documentation, furnishing plans and finish selections for various project types.
- Responsible for design concepts, and productions on interior design projects, through all design phases.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Interior/Interior Architecture Design from an accredited school.
- Minimum 8 years’ Interior Design experience with a background in any of the market sectors.
- Experience working in an integrated architecture/interiors team, and/or coordinating with an outside architecture firm when required.
- Collaborative, team oriented, tech savvy, and a lifetime learner.
- History of developing and maintaining client relationships.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
As an employee of Ankrom Moisan, your ability to adapt to an ever-changing climate is valued. Our firm stays busy but fosters an environment of mentorship, fun, and camaraderie within the office. Nontraditional office perks include design shares and pinups, transit subsidy, continuing education stipend, unlimited coffee, the occasional treats, volunteer opportunities, monthly events, and so much more. This is a full-time position with competitive benefits, and an occasional need for overtime to accommodate project schedules and deadlines.
Please reply to: AMRecruiter@ankrommoisan.com with ” Senior Interior Designer- Portland” in the subject line and attach a cover letter, resume, and digital portfolio as a Word Document or PDF.
No phone calls or recruiters please. Candidates only.
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.