We, at Absolute Procurement, are a dynamic team with a great co-working culture and are looking for a special candidate to join us as a senior project manager in the Pacific Northwest. We have a lot of fun at Absolute Procurement, but we also manage of lot of details and client needs. We are looking for a detail-oriented, proactive and seasoned project manager to join our team, hitting the ground running. We pride ourselves on being 100% transparent with our clients and to our employees and seek a project management professional who can lend a positive and constructive voice to our team and can be flexible in process and strategy.
Absolute Procurement is a Portland, OR based purchasing company who values our employees and works diligently on behalf of our clients. We are looking for a strong, motivated senior project manager to join our team who will be working with interior designers, developers, and owners to ensure that furniture, fixtures and equipment (FF&E) are budgeted, ordered, delivered and installed on schedule, within budget and design constraints. The senior project manager will be responsible for managing individual projects as well as oversight of projects led by project managers. We are seeking a seasoned professional who can lead our dynamic team, meet the quality and customer service expectations or our clients, and thrive in an independent working environment.
- The candidate will be responsible for oversight of all active projects, overseeing the absolute procurement team of project managers as well as managing individual projects including:
- Managing FF&E purchasing process for each assigned project
- Working within established budgets and schedules
- Establishing procurement strategy for each project
- Managing the specification review process
- Advising designers on the viability and costing of proposed designs and specs, including available alternatives
- Developing and managing the FF&E budget for all assigned projects, with a focus on minimizing final spend and meet designer’s/owner’s design aesthetic
- Ensuring that all product meets internal customers’ needs and expectations on schedule
- Preparing and processing purchase orders, change orders, bid requests, and other buying procedures
- Developing timely and comprehensive procurement schedules for each project to ensure timely and comprehensive purchase for all FF&E goods and services required to complete the project on schedule
- Tracking and expediting submittals, prototypes, production schedule, in-production items, and arrival dates of all products purchased
- Maintaining detailed and organized files, notes, and records for all projects
- Managing Client Relations (owners, developers, project architects and interior designers, general contractors, operations, project managers, technical and support personnel); maintain communication with clients via phone calls, emails and in-person meetings in a professional and positive manner
- Collaborating in a team environment with other procurement senior project managers and project managers and attending weekly team meetings
- Completing basic project accounting
- Assessing critical paths
- Value engineering
- Coordinating logistics; manage logistics to minimize the total cost and transport risk to deliver the product on time
- Analyzing vendor sources and product availability; keep abreast of market fluctuations impacting prices
- Executing strong negotiation skills and simultaneously build strong supplier relationships
- Managing and supervise on-site FF&E Installation Coordination, as required
- Issuing punch lists and follow up to resolve all punch list items
- Performing all other job related duties as requested.
- Being a proactive team member who leads in developing systems for efficiencies constantly, highest level of professional and positive communication with our clients, organize and attend client events and industry trade shows, as necessary and always be open and flexible as new opportunities arise to learn and lead.
Education, Skills, and Expectations
- Bachelor’s Degree in interior design, project management, business, supply chain, or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to manage projects effectively and efficiently
- Great with people; have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Work full-time regular business hours and willing to work over-time or travel on weekends occasionally
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Ability to read FF&E specifications, shop drawings, and Interior Design drawings including furnishings plans, floor finish plans, reflected ceiling plans, and elevations
- Ability to confirm FF&E quantity requirements utilizing project specifications and drawings.
- A self-motivated, passionate project manager who takes charge of the situation to steer the team out of trouble when things are not going planned
- An eye for detail
- Ability to adopt new technological programs based on the project’s needs
- Good with numbers and tools
- Supportive to co-workers when they need help in their projects
- Communicating clearly and effectively within the team, as well as with the clients. You must know how tasks are moving in the project and what needs to be communicated to the clients/stakeholders
- Manage furniture installations and be prepared for the general contractor, installation team, interior designer, and project manager. Ability to work in construction settings.
Must be proficient in basic computer programs such as Google Drive, Mac Mail, and Numbers/Excel. Ability to work in cloud based procurement software system. Must possess excellent negotiating skills and the ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects. Ideal candidate will have 3-5 years project purchasing experience or project management experience.
Job Type: Full-time
For more information, please contact email@example.com