Carleton Hart is seeking an Interior Designer to support project teams in a variety of commercial, institutional and multi-family projects. We are a mission-driven firm with a deep commitment to community-based design. We are passionate about building communities through our affordable housing, historic preservation, public, commercial, institutional and spiritual projects.
As Interior Designer, you will be responsible for project deliverables and meeting overall project design schedules in tandem with the project team. We are looking for an Interior Designer who loves to craft the details of a project – someone who brings technical expertise as well as design skills . We value creativity, sustainability, equity, and design. If you aspire to these as well, we want to talk to you!
What you’ll be doing
- Day-to-day design team support on projects, working closely with the project team to initiate and develop designs from concept through construction. Interior design tasks will often include selection of interior finishes, furniture, lighting, artwork and signage
- Lead interior design aspects of commercial, institutional and multi-family projects
- Select and present interior finish palettes to clients
- Coordinate selection and specification of furniture packages with clients, furniture dealers and suppliers
- Participate in the development and production of plans, elevations and construction drawing sets
- Research and write specifications for finish materials and lighting fixtures.
- Coordinate and document details with architect and consultants
What you bring
- 3-7 years of experience in a range of architectural design roles
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Interior Architecture, Architecture or Interior Design
- Creative interior design skills, with a strong working knowledge of finish materials, building codes, construction detailing and the ability to problem-solve
- Working Revit and AutoCAD experience necessary
- LEED accreditation and a strong understanding of sustainable design is desirable
- Experience in construction administration, including responding to RFIs, reviewing submittals and processing shop drawings
- Ability to work both independently and in a highly collaborative team environment
- NCIDQ Certification a plus but not required
Carleton Hart Architecture offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including 401k employer contributions, company paid medical, vision, and short-term/long-term disabilities insurance for full-time employees starting the 1st of the month following 30 days of employment.
To apply, send cover letter, resume and portfolio to email@example.com. Please no follow up phone calls, walk-ins or emails.
CHA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.