About the Job
We’re searching for experienced Interior Designers to join our award-winning workplace and housing teams in Portland, Oregon. As a bustling office filled with creative designers, we’re looking for someone who thrives in a dynamic environment. Our ideal candidate is organized and experienced. Someone who can work independently and as part of a team, with the ability to balance several projects in various stages of development. Most importantly, we’re looking for someone who can both guide the big ideas and execute the finer details.
Job Captain Responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with architecture and interior design teams
- Performing a variety of tasks for projects including programming, conceptual design, design development, production and review of construction contract documents, and contract administration
- Coordinating drawings and deliverable packages at all phases, and reviewing work by junior staff
- Working with consultants, contractors, vendors, and product reps to meet overall project objectives
- Contributing to client presentations and meetings
- Performing additional tasks as required to meet project goals
Project Manager Responsibilities Include:
All of the above, as well as:
- Writing and managing project fees, contracts, and schedules
- Maintaining client relationships and leading communications
- Managing project staff to achieve project goals and budget
- Provide quality assurance oversight for all project documentation
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design
- Experience at an architecture firm with integrated interiors – 5 years minimum for Job Captain, 8 years minimum for Project Manager
- Experience putting together construction documents
- Intermediate to advanced REVIT skills
- Relevant experience with corporate clients in workplace design and/or with multi-family or senior living projects is preferred but not required
- Experience with FF&E design and specialty lighting selection is preferred but not required
About Us – LRS Architects
We’re a passionate group. We believe in innovation, collaboration, and the people who make both possible. Our cultural philosophy is rooted in compassion and camaraderie, and each day we strive to create a better environment for ourselves and for those we serve. We prioritize education, empowerment, and a work-life balance. Wellbeing is our top priority, in our work and in our culture, because good design isn’t just about aesthetic, but how we interact within a created space.
Voted a Top Place to Work four years running, we offer a generous benefits package and a fun, casual work environment. Check out our Instagram @lifeatlrsarchitects to learn more!
Please forward your cover letter, resume, and URL/Portfolio to Calista Fitzgerald at email@example.com. No phone calls please.