Ankrom Moisan Architects is a dynamic design firm providing architecture, interiors, urban design, branding and identity strategy services to our clients. We make it our mission to create places where People and Communities Thrive. We express that not only in the work we produce, but by the way we work with one another. Our 300 team members in Portland, Seattle and San Francisco offices work collaboratively to inspire future growth both as an individual and as a firm. We are currently seeking an Interior Designer to join our Portland office.
Life at Ankrom Moisan Architects:
At Ankrom Moisan we are committed to providing superior service to our clients. We believe that cooperative teamwork, supporting everyone’s success and communication is the key to client satisfaction. Your position as Interior Designer II is vital to the success of our business.
Primary behaviors and qualities:
- Demonstrates a passion for interior design and actively works to have current knowledge of the factors influencing the practice and our client’s decision–making process
- Is creative and imaginative about designing the built-environment
- Is Identifying a design passion
- Takes initiative to learn and seek information
- Possesses a drive for continuous improvement
- Works cooperatively within a team of varied scale
- Demonstrates an eye for design, including color and 3D awareness
- Holds ability to create original concepts and visualize concepts developed by others
- Is eager to learn new technology as updates are integrated into our workflow
- Demonstrates sound judgment
- Works under the direction of senior-level interior designers and possess a growing understanding of each project’s work plan to help facilitate the successful and profitable completion of each project
- Collaborate on interiors projects, including programming client needs, conceptual design, schematic design, design development and construction administration
- Assists designers in developing creative-design concepts and prepare presentation/design drawings
- Researches and selects colors, finishes, and materials
- Applies established interior design standards to projects and utilizes the AMA QA/QC process
- Support communication needs involving clients
- Participates in industry panel discussions or knowledge–sharing events.
- Attendance to AMA lunch-n-learns and trade shows.
- Actively develop relationships with product reps and consultants.
Critical Skills and experience:
- Bachelors or master’s degree in Interior/Interior Architecture Design from an accredited school
- 2-5 years of experience in a professional office
- Proficient in REVIT, Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office, BlueBeam, Newforma, Smartsheet, Sketch Up, Enscape and AutoCAD
- Assists in the completion of Project Manuals & Specifications
- Growing understanding of design documentation
- Working knowledge of Specsource
- Work with consultants, contractors, fabricators, specification writers, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives
- Ability to participate in conversations with consultants regarding the integration of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and structural systems with respect to their coordination with the architecture and interiors documentation
- Assist in managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination
- Exposure to interior design specifications, calculations, industry standards, building codes, and accessibility
- Ability to assemble an outstanding graphic design presentation
- Clear, professional, communication skills; written and verbal
- Ability to participate and contribute in client presentations
- Assists to prepare layout, color, lighting, materials selection, all phases of the FFE process as it applies to the appropriate market segment(s)
Please apply on our website: https://www.ankrommoisan.com/thrive/careers
Include a cover letter, resume and pdf portfolio. Portfolios must be submitted for all design positions. Applications without work samples will not be reviewed. Portfolios should be one PDF attachment, 10-20 pages, maximum 5 MB showing your proficiency in Revit and design work samples.