Ankrom Moisan’s Portland Healthcare group is looking for a leader like you!
Ankrom Moisan Architects is an award-winning client focused design practice with offices in Portland, Seattle and San Francisco. We are an innovative and collaborative design firm with good benefits, flexible hours, and a great work culture.
Our mission—to create places where people and communities thrive—is not just limited to our design practice.
Our Portland office is looking for a Co-market leader and Senior Healthcare Interior Designer who is dedicated to creating environments that promote health, healing and wellbeing, as well as helping to strategically grow this existing market sector.
As a Co-leader of the PDX Healthcare team and Senior Healthcare Interior Designer, your role will require:
- Partnering with your healthcare co-leader to continue to strategically grow the team and bring in new clients.
- Responsibility for design concepts and overseeing production on healthcare projects, including schematic design, design development, construction documents, and construction administration
- Leading design presentations to client and internally
- Overseeing the research of finish and material selection and facilitating the interior design presentation documentation including rendered plans, elevations, 3D visuals, finish and furniture plans
- Working with Principals and Project Managers to determine project schedules, fees and write proposals
- Providing proactive mentorship to other healthcare Interior Designers with respect to healthcare design, concepting, storytelling, best practices, presentation skills, business development, and the value of professional organizations and networking groups
- Directly communicating with clients and being the primary client contact for some projects
- Providing QA/QC of project documentation. Ensuring all documentation goes through the established quality control process
- Being an active leader in firm design initiatives
- Supporting business development activities through assistance with visual aids and actively participating in promotional opportunities in terms of strategy, preparations, interviews, networking and thought leadership
- Participating in inter-disciplinary collaboration meetings and charrettes
- Actively working with AMA leadership to establish and/or implement firm initiatives
What we are looking for:
- Minimum of 10 years Interior Design experience with a background in Healthcare Design
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Interior Design, Interior Architecture or Architecture from an accredited school. NCIDQ preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of all aspects of interior design on tenant improvement and ground up projects including programming, test fits, space planning, concept development, finish selection, FF&E, lighting, detailing, healthcare design, building codes, accessibility, specifications, technical and consultant coordination
- Proficiency in Revit, Adobe Suite and Microsoft Office
- Is an engaging and thoughtful mentor
- Ability to develop new client relationships. Established client relationships are a plus
- Collaborative and consensus-oriented approach to design and decision making
- Ability to direct and coordinate work for junior staff
- Strong space planning skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated with a drive for continuous improvement
- Ability to multi-task on several projects
- Creative design and problem-solving skills
- Experience leading in-house, project team, and client meetings
- Proactive approach to timely problem solving
- Positive attitude, desire and ability to learn and grow, self-motivation, and ability to contribute in a group environment
- Experience with Bluebeam, Newforma, Smartsheet, Sketch Up, AutoCAD a plus
- Experience with lean design a plus
Benefits to joining Ankrom Moisan and our Portland Healthcare team:
- Our growing healthcare market sector provides opportunities to work on a wide range of exciting and engaging healthcare projects with our well-established healthcare clients like Providence, Swedish, OHSU, University of Washington Medical Center, Harborview, Evergreen Health, Northwest Hospital, Polyclinic, Vera Whole Health and more!!
- This position offers excellent pay and a complete benefits package including production bonuses, annual bonus, medical/dental/vision/life insurance, ESOP profit sharing, 401(k) savings plan, holiday and paid time off
- We value both professional and personal growth of our employees. We offer internal and external continuing education opportunities, a robust mentorship program, and a wellness program
- We understand and celebrate that people have families, friends, hobbies and other responsibilities that are important to them. We truly promote maintaining work-life balance and offer flexibility to help you accommodate everything life has to offer
- Ranked in Portland Business’ 100 places to work for, Oregonian Top work places and most recently the Oregon DJC’s 2019 Architect of the year.
Please apply on our website: https://www.ankrommoisan.com/thrive/careers
Include a cover letter, resume and pdf portfolio. Portfolios must be submitted for all design positions. Applications without work samples will not be reviewed. Portfolios should be one PDF attachment, 10-20 pages, maximum 5 MB showing your proficiency in Revit and Healthcare work samples.