Ankrom Moisan Architects is a dynamic design firm providing architecture, interiors, urban design, branding and identity strategy services to our clients. We make it our mission to create places where People and Communities Thrive. We express that not only in the work we produce, but by the way we work with one another. Our 300 team members in Portland, Seattle and San Francisco offices work collaboratively to inspire future growth both as an individual and as a firm. We are currently seeking an Interior Designer to join our Portland office.
Life at Ankrom Moisan Architects:
At Ankrom Moisan we are committed to providing superior service to our clients. We believe that cooperative teamwork, supporting everyone’s success and communication is the key to client satisfaction. Your position as Interior Designer 3 is vital to the success of our business.
Primary behaviors and qualities:
- Demonstrates a passion for interior design and actively works to have current knowledge of the factors influencing the practice and our client’s decision–making process.
- Is creative and imaginative about designing the built-environment.
- Has identified a design passion and is working to incorporate this into firm initiatives.
- Is self-motivated to complete work with little direction.
- Works well independently or within a team of varied scale.
- Has complete awareness of the 3–D environment while designing.
- Possesses the ability to create original concepts or visualize concepts developed by others.
- Is eager to learn new technology as updates are integrated into our workflow.
- Demonstrates sound judgment.
- Possesses a drive for continuous improvement.
- Is an engaging and thoughtful mentor.
Critical Skills and experience:
- Degree in Interior Desing with 5-10 years experience in a professional office.
- Proficient in REVIT, Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office, BlueBeam, Newforma, Smartsheet, Sketch Up, Enscape, AutoCAD, and Specsource.
- Utilize your experience to perform all phases and aspects of the interior design process including predesign, conceptual design, schematic design, design development, design documentation, FF&E specifications, construction administration and understanding of FF&E procurement process
- Ability to complete a Project Manual and 3–part Specifications.
- Thorough understanding of constructability and detailing of interior design elements.
- Thorough understanding of building codes and accessibility.
- Development of respectful management and leadership skills.
- Has assembled a rolodex of supportive, reliable resources to use in complex situations
- Has the ability to lead and energize a team.
- Clear and concise communication and presentation skills.
- Performs layout, color, lighting, materials selection, all phases of the FFE process as it applies to the appropriate market segment(s) using accomplished experiences.
- Strategizes solutions with consultants regarding the integration of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and structural systems with respect to their coordination with the architecture and interiors documentation; calling upon complex experiences.
- Has experience working and specialized knowledge in specific areas.
- Works with Principal to determine project fees, write proposals, manage multiple projects, develop work plans (budget/fee/schedule), for every project, to help facilitate the successful and profitable completion of each project.
- Coordinates design concepts and production on interior design projects, including schematic design, design development, construction documents, and construction administration in concert with Design Principal.
- Oversees the research of finish and material selection and facilitates presentation documentation, furnishings plans, and finish presentations.
- Leads design presentations. Helps to mentor less experienced designers on storytelling and how to present a design.
- Directly communicates with client.
- Participates in QA/QC of project documentation. Ensures all documentation goes through the established quality control process.
- Active participation in firm design initiatives.
- Supports business development activities through assistance with visual aids and actively participates in promotional opportunities in terms of strategy, preparations, and interviews.
- Participates in inter-disciplinary collaboration meetings and charrettes.
- Proactively mentors ID I & II with respect to business development, and the value of professional organizations and networking groups.
- Participates in industry panel discussions or knowledge–sharing events.
- Actively works with AMA leadership to establish and/or implement firm initiatives.
Please apply on our website: https://www.ankrommoisan.com/thrive/careers
Include a cover letter, resume and pdf portfolio. Portfolios must be submitted for all design positions. Applications without work samples will not be reviewed. Portfolios should be one PDF attachment, 10-20 pages, maximum 5 MB showing your proficiency in Revit and design work samples.