Scott | Edwards Architecture is seeking a mid-level Interior Designer with a focus on high end Residential Design to join our staff. S|E A is a firm built on the idea that innovative design solutions result from a collaborative effort between designer, client and community. To this end we look for talented, versatile team members who enjoy working in an open studio environment that facilitates interaction and creativity. Our working environment is defined by energy, enthusiasm and collaboration. As a firm our commitment extends well beyond specific projects. We forge lasting relationships with clients and actively support organizations that similarly embrace our pursuit of social, cultural, and environmental sustainability.
For the position of Interior Designer we are seeking a candidate with strong design and technical skills, augmented by a proven ability to take a project through all levels of development and communicate professionally and effectively with our clients.
Only resumes supporting the following qualifications and experience will be considered:
● Interior Architecture, Interior Design or Architectural degree from an accredited school.
● 7+ years professional experience in design and construction document production.
● Experience with high end residential projects.
● Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
● Production and oversight of space plans, pricing documents, construction documents.
● Proficiency in interior detailing preferred.
● Development of functional and aesthetic design within budget, or benchmark.
● Coordination with consultants.
● Construction administration experience including schedules & change orders, attending regular site meetings, RFI responses, shop drawing reviews.
● Experience with specifying, purchasing, field verification and installation of FF&E.
● Knowledge of building and safety codes.
● Strong written and verbal communication skills. Experience with client presentations.
● Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit is required with skill in Adobe Creative Suite and SketchUp
preferred. Hand sketching is a bonus.
Scott|Edwards Architecture offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Our ‘People First | Design Forward’ philosophy has resulted in S|EA being named one of Oregon’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” by both Oregon Business Magazine and The Oregonian.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and sampling of your work for immediate consideration at
firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.