921 SW Washington St . 716
Portland . OR . 97205
PARTNER PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Why Join Us?
Source is redefining how people work in commercial design and construction. We are bringing radical transparency and simplicity to commercial construction projects. You’ll be a part of a team that is creating the new industry-standard product catalog and communication platform for commercial construction product specifications. We are a high-growth startup, which means fast-paced and tons of opportunity. At Source, you will be part of a strong team where you will love coming to work everyday.
What We’re Looking For
Source is looking to hire a highly detailed Partner Program Coordinator to join our team. You will be responsible for developing long-term relationships with customers and overseeing the initial onboarding process for all of our manufacturer partner accounts.
As a Partner Program Coordinator, you will work to enhance our manufacturers’ onboarding experience, working closely with internal and external stakeholders. We are looking for someone who will anticipate customers’ needs, respond to their queries in a timely manner and aspire to deliver a positive customer experience in line with our core values. You will have excellent communication and project tracking skills and be customer service oriented.
You should be able to grow our business by building successful, long-term client relationships in close coordination with our sales team. A successful team member in this role will be adaptable, curious, pragmatic and empathetic.
- Generate new leads for sales teams and account managers
- Host weekly training demos and webinars for manufacturers and third party vendors
- Develop process improvements to ensure client satisfaction and lead generation
Brand Partner Relationship Management
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with Brand Partners
- Correspond + coordinate with manufacturers and their employees to onboard to the Source platform
- Send data templates to brand partners and help facilitate data ingestion processes
- Schedule manufacturer meetings, including QC reviews and onboarding trainings
- Manage maintenance contracts with vendors and manufacturers
- Create and deliver digital proposals to brand partners
- Answer and maintain an FAQ list for manufacturers, with support from Digital Resources, Product, Marketing
- Resolve conflicts and provide solutions to customers in a timely manner
- Generate and provide activity and lead reports to manufacturers
Support for internal teams
- Act as a liaison between manufacturers and Source’s internal teams, such as Digital Resources, Sales and Product teams to ensure a seamless process of manufacturer onboarding
- Salesforce maintenance and tracking
- Transfer data from brand partners into internal storage systems, reviewing for accuracy in the process
- Coordinate with Product + DR to review data needs and gaps with Brand Partners
- Suggest actions to improve sales performance and identify opportunities for growth
- Monitor cross-marketplace interactions to identify and resolve potential customer experience gaps
This list should generally speak to who you are:
- Proven work experience in a previous coordination role successfully managing up to 100 accounts
- Proven ability to deliver excellent customer service in previous roles
- Knowledge of CRM software and MS Office (Google Suite, MS Excel and Salesforce in particular)
- Ability to learn new software quickly and proficiently
- Highly detail oriented and an autonomous problem solver
- “People Person.” Very comfortable on the phone, guiding conversations, and gracefully answering complex questions in real time
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Excellent communication and tracking skills
- An ability to deliver on project deadlines and answer inquiries on time
- Business acumen with a problem-solving attitude
- Candidates with commercial design, construction or distribution experience will be given preference
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to use keypad and keyboard for extended periods of time.
- Vision and hearing to normal range (or corrected).
- May require longer work hours during high-volume work cycles
Our Core Values
|Rely on the people around you for help. Everything’s better with collaboration.||Dream big and then work really, really hard to achieve it.
Showing is always a more powerful mode of communication than telling. Err on the side of quiet confidence in your knowledge and expertise.
|Treat all people with respect, especially if you don’t yet know their story.
|Expect that every team member will have a high degree of personal accountability. We have direct, respectful conversations to hold each other accountable with continuous feedback.||Admit when you don’t know something, but then turn around and learn it.||Truth matters. Root your work in the highest form of truth available, cite your sources, and curiously advance conversations to the bounds of what we definitively know.|
What The Lawyers Make Us Put In
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
This position is accountable to the Head of Sales for fulfilling the above responsibilities; provide prompt, courteous, accurate and professional service to staff, members, co-workers and vendor-partners; demonstrate Source’s Core Values at all times.
I have read the above position description and acknowledge my understanding of the duties and responsibilities for the position of Partner Program Coordinator.
Employee Signature Date
Manager Signature Date
Sound Like You? Apply now!