Contract Content Writer: Interior Design / Architecture Subject Matter Expert | Source
Source is currently looking for subject matter experts to help create industry relevant content articles to support our digital marketing efforts. Our ideal candidates have a clear understanding of the problems that have to be addressed in order to properly specify a wide variety of products and materials in a broad range of commercial construction project types. This is a part-time, contract position that will report to Source’s Director of Membership + the CEO.
This list should generally speak to who you are:
- Have a B.A. or M.A. in Interior Design, or Interior Architecture
- 2 or more years of experience working on commercial design projects
- Have some previous experience with writing proposals, blog posts, or content
- Organized and detail-oriented when it comes to editing, grammar, noting sources, and spelling
- Able to work remotely and independently
- Authorized to legally work in the United States
- Fluent English language skills required
Project Scope + Process:
Estimate of time: 4 hours per article (approx 1,800 words per article)
- Writer to work in collaboration with Source to develop topic ideas that are relevant to desired audience. Such as:
- How to specify [Various product categories]
- Furniture labels: What do they mean?
- Other ideas TBD – we value your input and ideas here!
- Writer to provide content outline for approval before full writing assignment is commenced.
- Work with your own knowledge and experience and/or reach out to relevant product expert manufacturer reps to obtain the detailed information necessary to ensure the highest quality content.
- Produce final draft of article (approx 1,800 words per article)
- Digitally develop google doc with written content. Formatting, imagery and blog layout not included in scope of work.
- Source to review and approve content to meet Source’s Style Guide and brand voice.
- Source to add images and styling and post to the website. Writer not responsible to source imagery or to style the articles.
Job Type: Contract
Rate: Piece rate per article; $160 per article
Schedule: Project based
Contract Length: Project based
Work Location: Fully Remote
If you are interested in applying, please email your cover letter, any relevant work examples and resume to email@example.com.
Source is the decision engine for commercial construction product selection. We provide industry-leading data, on-demand experts and manufacturer connections needed to make fast and stress-free product decisions. You’ll be working with a team that is creating the new industry-standard product catalog and communication platform for commercial construction product specifications.