Senior Healthcare Interior Designer – Portland – Ankrom Moisan
Primary Goal: Provide business development strategy and oversee project delivery that enables the Ankrom Moisan Healthcare sector to prosper and grow in Oregon.
- Business Development & Sector Collaboration
- Continuously lead and pursue Business Development opportunities for market expansions and growth.
- Attend and contribute to all Firm BD meetings.
- Facilitate and lead healthcare sector planning efforts across firm.
- Lead and collaborate with Marketing Team in Proposal development and project pursuits
- Provides proactive mentorship to other Healthcare Market Sector team members with respect to healthcare design, concepting, storytelling, best practices, presentation skills, business development, and the value of professional organizations and networking groups
- Project Leadership & Collaboration
- Maintain overall responsibility for design concepts and overseeing production on healthcare projects, including schematic design, design development, construction documents, and construction administration
- Oversee the research of finish and material selection and facilitating the interior design presentation documentation including rendered plans, elevations, 3D visuals, finish and furniture plans
- Collaborate with Principals and Project Managers to determine project schedules, fees and write proposals
- Provides QA/QC of project documentation. Ensuring all documentation goes through the established quality control process.
- Mentor team with code research and assessment
- Collaborate on the development of Owner’s operational functional program
- Coordinate project phasing with owner
- Lead Design Meeting and Workshop Facilitation with clients and clinical stakeholder groups
- Assist client in determining overall goals and strategies
- Work with end users to outline process flows and critical adjacencies
- Firm Collaboration
- Participates in inter-disciplinary collaboration meetings and charrettes
- Participate in Office-wide and Team Specific Staffing Decisions
- Guide Operational Improvement Initiatives for the Healthcare Team
- Work across teams (interior / architecture disciplines, cross-office) to align strategy for healthcare sector development
- Champion the firm’s how and why (mission and vision) statements
Ankrom Moisan Vision
Our Vision is to inspire and empower people to explore beyond the expected.
Ankrom Moisan is committed to providing superior service and award-winning designs for our clients in a dynamic, collaborative, team environment. We believe that dedication, cooperation, and open communication are keys to client satisfaction.
Our culture is grounded in the following values and behaviors:
- Lead with your heart: Care for people and let them care for you. Seek fulfillment. Work with purpose to improve the world we share.
- Share Openly: We’re better when we work together, encouraging each other’s passions.
- Embrace Change: Be prepared to let ideas go. Open up to the new- that’s how we progress as a team.
- Have Fun With it: Work Playfully. Be curious and unpretentious. Enjoy the process.
- Be Yourself: Be honest and approachable, don’t let your ego get in the way.
- Trust: Use the freedom and opportunities you’ve been given. Listen with intention and do what you say.
This position is based in our Portland office, which is a well-designed, open-office environment with sit stand desks and plenty of conference facilities and private conversation rooms. This position will occasionally require in person out client meetings and jobsite visits. This position may be eligible for part time remote work. Remote work must comply with all aspects of Ankrom Moisan’s Remote Work policy.
- 10+ years of Interior Design experience with a background in Healthcare Design
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Interior Design, Interior Architecture, or Architecture from an accredited school. NCIDQ preferred, but not required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Portland area healthcare industry and clients.
- EDAC credentialing (preferred)
- Knowledge of all aspects of interior design on tenant improvement and ground up projects including programming, test fits, space planning, concept development, finish selection, FF&E, lighting, detailing, healthcare design, building codes, accessibility, specifications, technical and consultant coordination
- Proficiency in Revit, Adobe Suite Microsoft Office, Bluebeam, Newforma, Smartsheet, and Sketch Up required.
- Ability to maintain and develop new client relationships. Established client relationships preferred.
- Experience leading in-house, project team, and client meetings
- Experience with lean design a plus
- Requires substantial experience in project management and ability to function as a project leader in a team environment.
- Ability to complete a Project Manual and 3–part Specifications for complex projects.
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.
Please submit a portfolio with your application. Portfolios should be one PDF attachment, 10-20 pages, maximum 5 MB. Apply here!