Scott | Edwards Architecture is seeking an Interior Designer to join our staff.
S|E A is a firm built on the idea that innovative design solutions result from a collaborative effort between architect, client and community. We lead our clients on an exploration of possibilities, guided by traditional principles of design, clarified through a contemporary perspective. To this end we look for talented, versatile team members who enjoy working in an open studio environment that facilitates interaction and creativity. Our working environment is defined by enthusiasm, collaboration, and support. As a firm our commitment extends well beyond specific projects. We forge lasting relationships with clients and actively support organizations that similarly embrace our pursuit of social, cultural, and environmental sustainability.
For the position of Interior Designer we are seeking a candidate with strong design and technical skills, augmented by a proven ability to take a project through all levels of development and communicate professionally and effectively with our clients.
Only resumes supporting the following qualifications and experience will be considered:
- Interior Architecture, Interior Design or Architectural degree from an accredited school
- 5-8 years professional experience in design and construction document production
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with clients and consultants, while being mindful of project budgets and schedules
- Strong knowledge of ANSI, experience designing for accessibility
- proficiency in interior detailing
- Coordination with consultants
- General knowledge of Construction administration experience including schedules & change orders, attending regular site meetings, RFI responses, shop drawing reviews
- Experience with specifying and assembling FF&E bid packages, purchasing, field verification and installation of FF&E preferred
- General knowledge of building and safety codes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Experience with client presentations.
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp (as a design and presentation tool) required. Hand sketching is a bonus.
- Staying current on design trends and possessing prior experience in Creative Office, Residential, and Hospitality projects preferred.
Scott|Edwards Architecture offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Our ‘People First | Design Forward’ philosophy has resulted in S|EA being named one of Oregon’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” by both Oregon Business Magazine and The Oregonian.
Due to the pandemic we are currently working 100% remotely and following OHA and CDC safety recommendations with the intention to return to the office when it deemed generally safe to do so.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and portfolio for immediate consideration at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your portfolio should reflect strong design skills and attention to detail. No phone calls please.