GBD Architects Incorporated (GBD) is a 52-year-old, employee-owned corporation seeking applicants for an Interior Designer to join our team. We are comprised of 85 staff with project types across many sectors and of many scales. Our multi-disciplinary practice is built on the core values of professional excellence, design quality and collaboration. We have a strong work ethic as well as an obvious passion for creating beautiful, responsible spaces that move and elevate people and respond to real human needs. We work hard to maintain our strong supportive culture while encouraging professional growth for our entire team.
As an Interior Designer at GBD, we expect candidates to hit the ground running, with the ability to manage a wide range of projects simultaneously from concept through completion. This position coordinates its work with other disciplines in the production of drawings and construction documents which fulfill the design concept, meet the client’s expectations and the firm’s goals of design excellence, financial viability and quality service. You will develop comprehensive materials and finishes palettes, and present to the project team and clients.
Please see GBD’s website for more information about the firm: http://www.gbdarchitects.com
· Approximately 4-7 years’ experience in an interior design and/or architectural firm
· Accredited degree in Interior Design or Architecture
· Great visual, verbal, and written communication skills
· Think creatively and solve complex design problems
· The ability to work both individually and collaboratively on a project team
· Excellent time management and multitasking skills
· The ability to adjust to changing priorities, deadlines and schedules
· The ability to successfully build and maintain relationships both in-house and with clients
· Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Sketch Up, Enscape, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office Suite
· Familiarity with building codes and specification requirements to ensure design meets technical standards
· Experience with full scope construction drawing sets, with detailing and construction knowledge
GBD is an equal opportunity employer that offers competitive salaries, outstanding benefits package, and potential stock ownership in the firm. Exact compensation will be based upon experience and negotiated with selected candidate.
Qualified applicants, please submit your resume and portfolio, as PDF attachment to:
Kent Pottebaum Kent@gbdarchitects.com
No phone calls, recruiters, or agencies please.