FFA Architecture and Interiors, Inc.
FFA is seeking a talented, highly motivated full-time Interior Designer with a Bachelor of Interior Architecture Professional Degree and 5-8 years’ experience in this capacity to join our 30-person architecture and interior design firm.
FFA is a full-service design firm providing award-winning expertise in architecture, planning, and interior design. Since 1956, our practice has been focused on developing architecture that is timeless, beautiful, and sustainable. FFA is proud of this tradition and its legacy of thoughtful, contextual projects throughout the Pacific Northwest region.
We understand that architecture is fundamentally for people. It is a quiet backdrop in our lives that when done with care, has the power to enrich and inspire. Because of this, we work to craft buildings and spaces designed around the people who use them. We are looking for someone who is excited to build their career with us as a key member of our team.
Candidates for the Interior Designer position must have experience in programming, conceptual design, design development, construction documents, and construction administration services for both private commercial and public work. Experience in leading these efforts is preferred.
Candidates must also understand how interior components are constructed and how materials come together in a space. The ability to critically think through design opportunities at this level as well as detail those connections in a drawing set is essential, as is a background, desire, and ability to work in an open, collaborative, and creative environment.
Compensation is negotiable based on qualifications and experience.
- Knowledge and experience with all aspects of commercial interior design including tenant improvement design, space planning, programming, concept development, color and material selection, FF&E, vendor/supplier, and contractor management;
- Ability to work closely with multiple client types and personalities to cultivate client relationships by providing consistently excellent service;
- Outstanding communication and time management skills;
- Ability to manage multiple projects of large and small scale with multiple and overlapping deadlines;
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as an active team member on architect-lead projects and within the interiors team;
- Ability to travel to local and regional client sites (personal transportation not required);
- Proficiency in creating presentation materials within the Adobe Creative Suite;
- Ability to conduct project site observation and develop documentation for accurate base drawings;
- Ability to take ownership of projects and tasks and consistently deliver design excellence;
- Interest in collaboration on crafting the new direction of the interiors team and continuing to push the envelope of high-quality design;
- A high level of integrity, work ethic, professionalism, enthusiasm for design process and delivery, and the desire to invest in a career at FFA.
- Bachelor of Interior Architecture professional degree from an accredited institution or equivalent architectural-based design degree or work experience;
- REVIT for commercial projects.
- Proficiency in Sketchup modeling
- Proficiency in Enscape rendering
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- NCIDQ Certification
- LEED Accreditation
- WELL Building Standard Certification
- Knowledge of and experience working with BOMA Standards
- Experience in designing Higher Education, Affordable Housing, and Library projects
- Design Charettes
- CEU Lunch & Learns
- Community service events
- Staff field trips and celebrations
- Internal committee engagement groups such as the Sustainability Committee, Office Safety Committee, Community Engagement Committee, and the Equity Committee
Following a 90-day initiation period, competitive salary and benefits program to include:
Voluntary Vision and Dental
Short term & Long-term Disability
Subsidized TriMet Passes
Flexible Spending Account
Paid Time Off
Office culture includes: Educational Opportunities, Design charrettes, CEU lunch & learns, community service events, staff adventures and celebrations.
FFA is an equal opportunity employer providing a professional, creative, and collaborative teamwork environment. Our office, located in Portland’s central business district, is directly on the transit mall at Pioneer Square. We invite qualified candidates to email a resume and references to: Troy Ainsworth, Principal, <firstname.lastname@example.org>. No phone calls, please.
To learn more about FFA and the work we do, please visit our website at www.ffadesign.com.