This position builds upon your industry and design experience. You will have the opportunity to work independently with supervision on a variety of project types in a variety of roles. You will have the opportunity to coordinate major aspects and components of projects with teams internal and external to the firm.
SERA is a progressive, 100% employee-owned architecture, interior design and urban design & planning firm based in Portland, Oregon. Since 1968, SERA has been instrumental in the development of the city’s national reputation for livability. In 2015, we opened a second office in the San Francisco Bay Area where we service Silicon Valley and other California clients.
Our culture reflects our commitment to great design, client service, and sustainability. SERA provides our employees with an enjoyable work environment and opportunities for professional and personal development.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Create and modify drawings as directed by others.
2. Check own work prior to review by others.
3. Understand and adhere to SERA’s graphic standards.
4. Create graphic presentations. Such as client presentations and marketing collateral.
5. Research and coordinate details regarding specific scopes of work and/or sub consultants.
6. Work with product vendors/manufacturers to develop details. Coordinate with other team members and building systems/components.
7. Support the construction contract administration lead and complete tasks pertaining to the interiors scope of the project.
8. Use the building code to develop floor plans and interior design elements with supervision.
9. Research and select finishes appropriate for the project type and use.
10. Participates in client meetings in conjunction with senior staff.
11. Creates and organizes work plans to execute assigned tasks.
1. Familiarity and adherence to project contract requirements.
2. Ability to perform independent construction contract administration in conjunction with CA lead.
3. Handle the health and welfare of the Revit model.
4. Develop, codify, and enforce the BIM Execution Plan on assigned projects.
5. Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
• Requires a bachelor’s or master’s degree from an accredited program.
• Generally have 3-5 years of industry experience in an architect or interiors office.
• May be NCIDQ but not required.
• Experience with Autodesk Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, and MS Office required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of Sketchup, Bluebeam preferred.
• Ability to communicate through verbal, written, and graphic communication formats.
• Ability to determine the right tool for the task.
• Develop ability to prioritize multiple important tasks.
• Develop critical thinking to identify strengths, weaknesses, or alternate solutions to a problem with supervision.
SERA Architects Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this position, click here. No emails or phone calls, please.