Healthcare Architect/Designer II
Petersen Kolberg & Associates (PKA) is a regional architectural firm located in Portland, Oregon with a strong focus in the healthcare industry and a wide client base. We are currently seeking an experienced Healthcare Architect/Designer II to work on our healthcare projects. The position requires CAD skills (Revit proficiency required), experience working on healthcare projects, superb communication skills, the ability to take ownership and drive project process, and the ability to thrive in a team environment.
The primary function of the Healthcare Architect/Designer II is to participate in the efforts of the construction document production effort and to provide technical leadership relating to the production of quality contract documents based on job specific requirements. The Healthcare Architect/Designer II may also play a role in construction administration by managing addendum’s, ASI’s, and coordinating shop drawing review and RFI responses. The Healthcare Architect/Designer II will be meeting PKA expectations of the position by:
- Production and completion of contract documents on schedule and within budget.
- Delivering high quality drawings that can be easily interpreted by AHJ’s and easily utilized by construction contractors.
- Ability to coordinate effectively with project managers, job captains, and potentially consultants.
- Be proactive about and assume responsibility for helping the team achieve success (on-time, on-budget, satisfied client).
Minimum qualifications include:
- 5+ years experience working in an architectural firm. Prior experience working on healthcare projects a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of architectural detailing and current construction standards
- Knowledge of building systems
- Understanding of architectural design and related fields
- 5+ years experience in Revit and other graphic and business software (AutoCAD) and their application in development of design through construction document packages. Sketch-Up proficiency would be valued as well.
- Experience with construction contract administration
It is also important to note that PKA is looking for motivated individuals interested in growing and expanding their career. Our goal would be to mentor and provide an opportunity to enhance a qualified candidate’s skill set for future job responsibilities in the firm. The job would include process improvement work in areas such as: Design, Project Delivery, Quality, Operations, and Sustainability.
PKA Architects offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package to include: medical, dental, vision, supplemental life insurance, 401(k) plan, profit sharing, and paid time off (PTO).
To apply click here.