Scott | Edwards Architecture is seeking an Interior Design Project Assistant/Interiors Library Manager to join our staff.
S|E A is a firm built on the idea that innovative design solutions result from a collaborative effort between architect, client and community. We lead our clients on an exploration of possibilities, guided by traditional principles of design, clarified through a contemporary perspective. To this end we look for talented, versatile team members who enjoy working in an open studio environment that facilitates interaction and creativity. Our working environment is defined by enthusiasm, collaboration, and support. As a firm our commitment extends well beyond specific projects. We forge lasting relationships with clients and actively support organizations that similarly embrace our pursuit of social, cultural, and environmental sustainability.
For the position of Interior Design Project Assistant/Interiors Library Manager, we are looking for a full-time person who is motivated, dependable, and willing to make a long-term commitment to working in this position.
Only resumes supporting the following qualifications and experience will be considered:
- Bachelor or Associate degree from an accredited program.
- 1 – 3 years of industry experience, preferably in an architecture or interiors office.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, use of SketchUp, and Bluebeam preferred.
- Strong written, verbal, and graphic communication skills.
Not required, but highly desirable:
- Understanding of how construction documents are assembled.
- Understanding of architectural specifications.
- Passion for staying current on design trends.
- Responsible for maintenance and organization of Interiors Library.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings with product reps, update interiors team weekly with new information.
- Create and modify AutoCAD and Revit drawings as directed by others and ensure accuracy by double checking own work.
- Understand and adhere to Scott Edwards Architecture’s graphic standards.
- Assist with graphic presentations as needed by interiors team.
- Assist designers with finish selections appropriate for the project type and use.
- Creates and organizes work plans to execute assigned tasks and determines the right tools for the task.
- Other duties as assigned.
Scott|Edwards Architecture offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Our ‘People First | Design Forward’ philosophy has resulted in S|EA being named one of Oregon’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” by both Oregon Business Magazine and The Oregonian.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and portfolio for immediate consideration at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your portfolio should reflect strong design skills and attention to detail. No phone calls please.