YGH is currently seeking a creative and professional Interior Designer III with 3-5+ years of experience to work alongside our team. We offer a small office environment with a larger office integrated approach. Sustainability is a core value at the forefront of our design ethos and equity, diversity and inclusion are top of mind.
The interior designer will be working under the supervision of a design principal, senior interior designer, project architect, and project managers engaged in all phases of project delivery from programming and concept development through construction administration. YGH employees collaborate in the office Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Mondays and Fridays are flexible workdays that allow employees to work in the office or at home/remotely.
We are looking for a designer with the following skills and experience:
- Works with design team in developing the design concepts and implementing into the design documentation
- Is passionate about design and has a strong design sensibility
- Works with team to meet project budget, schedule, and client requirements.
- Is organized, detail oriented, and a self-starter
- Assist and learn the production of furniture & finish packages, along with cost estimating
- Corrects drawings red lined by others
- Working knowledge of the application of color, materials, and aesthetic form
- Familiarity with space planning methodology
- Basic sketching and rendering skills
- Basic interior architecture detailing skills
- Intermediate MS Office Suite skills
- Basic Adobe Creative Suite skills
- Experience in Revit, Sketch-Up, and other 3-D programs.
- Basic verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in evaluating sustainable design concepts
- Technical understanding of building systems and requirements developed in collaborative A/E process.
- Participates in client presentations
- Bachelor or Master of Interior Design or Interior Architecture
- NCIDQ beneficial
- LEED and WELL accreditation beneficial
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and portfolio to email@example.com.