DU GRAF is a team of manufacturers’ representatives to the architectural and design community, with a focus on design furniture and flooring, primarily for the contract furnishing markets (Workplace, Hospitality, Multifamily, Higher Education, Civic, Healthcare).
We are looking for a high-energy, connected salesperson to cover Oregon. This position is based in the Portland metro area with travel within Oregon as needed (Bend, Eugene, Salem, etc). The job includes meeting with designers, presenting product, delivering samples, and updating libraries. Some overnight and after-hours events are to be expected.
The candidate will have the opportunity to continue building this territory with a solid set of brands and the marketing acumen of an established and well-respected rep organization.
Interior design or relevant industry experience/knowledge required. Eye for design a must.
Must have a vehicle that can accommodate hauling furniture, finishes, and marketing materials. Must be able to lift 50+ lbs.
LINES: Andreu World, Bolon, Emeco, Keilhauer, Kristalia, La Manufacture, Purline, Parador.
Reports to Esther Du Graf.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
Who you are:
· Well-connected with dealers and A&D firms
· Entrepreneurial – you’ll take ownership of your territory
· Highly motivated – you’ll hit the ground running
· Problem solver – you’ll discover pain points and offer solutions
· Organized with time, people, information, and materials
· Clear communicator with clients, manufacturers, and internally
· Adaptable and willing to roll sleeves up and do what needs to be done
· Team player – work closely with the Pacific Northwest team on marketing and sales initiatives
· You love this industry and enjoy developing relationships – sometimes at after-hour events
· Live in Portland metro area
What you will do:
· Build and maintain strong customer relationships, loyalty, and retention through exceptional sales and service
· Create and maintain quotations and orders
· Identify customer’s buying trends and strategize a plan to further meet their needs
· Deliver presentations to architects, designers, purchasing agents/dealers, owner’s representatives, and end users
· Physical sample delivery as requested (furniture, textiles, finishes, etc.) while managing sample inventory
· Provide library updates (textiles, finishes, literature, etc.)
· Maintain updated client information including contact data, special interests, etc.
· Develop knowledge of all vendor products, pricing, options, finishes, details, etc.
· Network through involvement with industry organizations (IIDA/NEWH/NAIOP/CoreNet/Crew)
· Attend trade shows and host designers and dealers (1-2 per year)
· Occasional travel to Seattle for strategy meetings
SKILL & EXPERIENCE PREFERENCES
· 3-5 years of design, and/or sales experience
· Strong presentation skills
· Experience with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook required
· Knowledge of CAD, Photoshop, InDesign, Sketch-Up, and a CRM software not required but beneficial
To apply, please send your resume to Esther Du Graf email@example.com