FFA is seeking a talented, highly motivated, full-time Interior Designer with a Bachelor of Interior Architecture Professional Degree or similar 4-year degree, and 6+ years of experience. Within that time, the ideal candidate will have been the interior designer on a minimum of 5 completed, large-scale, new construction commercial projects.
FFA has a deep commitment to building an equitable and inclusive architecture, engineering, and construction industry. Our practice believes that a diversity of backgrounds and ideas leads to the most creative solutions. All staff members are expected to be highly collaborative and respectful while adhering to the firm’s Community Agreements. Ideal candidates will have undergone some diversity, equity, and inclusion training. New staff members will be asked to participate in training if they have not done so already.
FFA is committed to the responsible use of resources and understands that the building industry has an important role in mitigating climate change. Our practice is committed to reducing energy and carbon use through practical sustainable strategies. The ideal candidate will share that mission and have experience working on highly sustainable projects.
Candidates for the Interior Designer position must have experience in programming, conceptual design, design development, construction documents, and construction administration services for both private commercial and public work. Experience and interest in leading and managing these efforts is desired.
Candidates must also understand how interior components are constructed and how materials come together in a space. The ability to critically think through design opportunities at this level as well as detail those connections in a drawing set is essential, as is a background, desire, and ability to work in an open, collaborative, and creative environment.
Compensation is negotiable based on qualifications and project experience.
Requirements and Duties:
- Bachelor of Interior Architecture professional degree from an accredited institution or equivalent architectural-based design degree or work experience
- REVIT modeling experience for commercial projects and development of construction documents in REVIT
- Knowledge and experience with all aspects of commercial interior design including tenant improvement design, space planning, programming, concept development, color and material selection, specifications development, FF&E, vendor/supplier, and contractor management
- Experience with project site observation and documentation for accurate base drawing development
- Ability to work closely with multiple client types and personalities to cultivate client relationships by providing consistently excellent service
- Outstanding communication and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects of large and small scale with multiple and overlapping deadlines
- Interest in and ability to manage interiors lead projects and provide direction to design staff on tasks and deliverables
- Interest in and ability to lead interiors scope and interior environment development on architecture lead projects and provide direction to design staff on tasks and deliverables
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as an active team member on architect-lead projects and within the interiors team
- Ability to travel to local and regional client sites (personal transportation not required)
- Proficiency in creating presentation materials within the Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to take ownership of projects and tasks and consistently deliver design excellence
- Ability to consistently provide high-quality design and have a desire to raise the bar on each project
- A high level of integrity, work ethic, professionalism, enthusiasm for design process and delivery, and the desire to invest in a career at FFA
Additional Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Proficiency in Sketchup modeling
- Proficiency in Enscape rendering
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- NCIDQ Certification
- LEED Accreditation
- WELL Accreditation
- Knowledge of and experience working with BOMA Standards
- Experience in designing Higher Education, Affordable Housing, and Library projects
Following a 90-day initiation period, our competitive benefits program includes:
- Medical Insurance
- Voluntary Vision and Dental
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Transportation Stipend
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Paid Holidays
Office Culture Engagement Opportunities:
- Design Charettes
- CEU Lunch & Learns
- Community service events
- Staff field trips and celebrations
- Wellness Wednesday Activities
- Internal committee engagement groups such as the Sustainability Committee, Office Safety Committee, Community Engagement Committee, and the Equity Committee
FFA is an equal opportunity employer providing a professional, creative, and collaborative teamwork environment. Our office is located in downtown Portland’s central business district, directly on the transit mall. We invite qualified candidates to email a resume and references to: Anna Cramer, <email@example.com>. No phone calls, please.
To learn more about FFA and the work we do, please visit our website at www.ffadesign.com.