Shaw Contract is a global design leader in commercial flooring for some of the world’s most creative and innovative environments. Our vast, sustainable product offerings can be found in diverse markets such as workplace, healthcare, hospitality, education, and multi-family dwellings. Shaw supports the spaces in which we work, learn, live, play and heal.
Specific responsibilities include daily sales calls on existing customers. Must present products to architects, designers, end users and other users. New end use business development skills are preferred. Additionally, he or she must continually prospect for viable new accounts while developing a key awareness of what is happening within Portland, OR.
- Characteristics to include honesty, integrity, hard work, enthusiasm, and motivation.
- Work with architects, designers, flooring contractors, end users, contractors, etc. to select appropriate products for their projects that fit within their design criteria, budget, and time frame.
- Travel daily throughout assigned area to call on existing customers and prospect new customers to solicit business.
- Manage project from inception to completion including identifying opportunity, product selection, specification, order placement, order tracking, delivery coordination, installation oversight, punch walk/ claim coordination (if necessary), and communication of maintenance program.
- Must be motivated and comfortable working and supporting a closely knit team environment.
- Must be able and competent to work with and manage customer base thru CRM (Customer Relationship Management) tool such as Salesforce.com
- Follow up on a variety of leads from sources such as Dodge, CoStar, networking groups
- Build relationships with existing and new customers by entertaining such as lunches, dinners, or special events.
- Contract Specialist must implement the selling process in his/her area; they must have the ability to make good judgment decisions. A full understanding of the product line is essential. Furthermore, an understanding of the application that each product serves is critical. The ability to interface/communicate with a diverse group of customers in a friendly and respectable manner is a must. The ideal candidate will possess a flexible personality and be able to communicate clearly to other persons, both orally and in written form. Contract Specialist must give presentations to architects, designers, and end-users to educate them on the flooring industry and how Shaw Contract Group can benefit them on their projects.
- Bachelor’s degree or High School Diploma/GED and 5 years previous industry sales experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Candidate already living within or familiar with Portland, OR is strongly preferred.
- Commercial flooring experience preferred.
- Build Trusting Relationships
- Influence Others
- Execute Action Plan
- Build Customer Satisfaction
- Initiate Action
- Adapt and Change
To apply, click here!