Jones Architecture is seeking an ambitious and creative interior designer to join our team in a newly created position! The ideal candidate will be excited to join our growing team and become the cornerstone of our interior design focus. They will work with firm leadership to develop our interior design standards, build and enhance client relationships, and collaborate closely with other team members to deliver exceptional design work. This is a rare and unique opportunity to craft a role from the ground up — we are seeking someone with the drive and experience required to make it their own and are eager to work together to determine the exact trajectory of the role and its responsibilities.
- Professional degree in Interior Design or Architecture from an accredited program
- NCIDQ certification
- Fluent in Revit and advanced familiarity with SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, Enscape, and Bluebeam
- Passion for design and involvement in interior design organizations (IIDA, ASID, IDC)
- Experience working in multiple areas of interior design on various project types, and the ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external team members throughout the entire design and construction process
- Working knowledge of all applicable health, safety, and accessibility codes
- Experience with RFP submissions
- Experience with site observation and documentation
- Effective and clear communication and time management skills, including the ability to support numerous design teams on overlapping timelines
- Excellent technical and documentation skills
- Direct experience dealing with clients, consultants, and regulatory agencies
- Multi-family, mixed-use, and hospitality experience preferred
- LEED, WELL, and LFA credentials preferred
Jones Architecture is a design-oriented firm based in Portland, OR. We specialize in mixed-use urban infill, residential, historic rehabilitation, mass timber, office buildings, and hospitality projects.
Jones puts collaboration first and foremost. Our small, tight-knit team encourages thoughtful communication, and values the creative input and expertise of each member. Mentorship, education, and providing opportunities for growth are key to how we operate. We build upon our individual strengths and lift each other up when in need of support. We embrace a culture of collective responsibility, and we share in both successes and challenges.
Our underlying approach to collaborative design lends itself to a fast-paced, exciting working environment. We grow and evolve with our projects, with each member of our team working closely with our clients and consultants through every project phase.
We produce award winning, contextually driven work that is worthy of its people and place. We find beauty in simplicity and have an affinity for buildings that are one with their site and context. Each member of our team strives to make a positive contribution the built environment through our designs, and we align ourselves with like-minded clientele.
Visit www.jonesarc.com to learn more about the firm and our work.
Jones offers a competitive compensation package including paid time off, professional development stipends, 401(k) & profit-sharing opportunities, and generous healthcare options. We believe in a healthy work-life balance and offer flexibility to fit our ever-changing work environment. Jones Architecture is an equal opportunity employer.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a letter of interest, your current resume, and concise work samples or a link to your online portfolio to: email@example.com.