DLR Group is an integrated design firm with a promise to elevate the human experience through design. This fuels the work we do around the world and inspires our mission to improve the lives of our clients, our communities, and our planet. If this sparks your interest, you’re in the right place.
DLR Group has an opening for an interior design intern, working in an office/hybrid work environment. This role will not be 100% remote.
Each person who works at DLR Group has a design voice, and we can’t wait to help you define and amplify yours. Whether it’s through a design charrette, a meeting with a client, an internal project review or working through a building detail, you’ll learn the nuts and bolts (ha!) of putting a building together, working with teams, and being part of something larger than yourself. We make sure to provide opportunities for site visits, experiences on projects large to small, and projects in various phases of construction. We also hope to give you experiences outside of the typical internship in your discipline – from helping out on a business development or marketing pursuit, planning an event for your office, or sharing your ideas on what the future of design services looks like.
This individual will be an important part of our integrated design process and will engage in a well-rounded seasonal position providing exposure to all elements of the building design process. You could have the opportunity to work in any of our established sectors. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow, learn and contribute your design voice to our brand promise of Elevating the Human Experience.
As a DLR Group intern, you will be responsible for working and learning in a dynamic and multidisciplinary design team to help produce designs for commercial, educational, and municipal buildings of all sizes and complexities.
- Portland, OR
- Participate with other design team members in an integrated design process for various projects.
- Learn to use primary design tools such as, REVIT and Enscape, proprietary DLR Group design tools and methods.
- Assist with the preparation of presentation materials using Adobe Creative Suite.
- Assist with material selection and mood board composition for various project types.
- Assist with project pursuits and business development opportunities.
- Actively participate in project, site meetings and presentations.
- Participate in and gain an understanding of construction documentation.
- Assist with maintaining material libraries while also fostering great relationships with various material reps.
- Enrolled in a Bachelors or Masters of Interior Design or Interior Architecture degree program
- Experience with Revit
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without need for work visa or residency sponsorship.
- Experience with Adobe Suite, Sketch-Up, or other design software
- Excellent visual, verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Completed 3 years of design education prior to the start of the internship
DLR Group is an integrated design firm delivering architecture, engineering, interiors, planning, and building optimization for new builds, renovations, and adaptive reuse projects.
We are 100% employee-owned: every employee is literally invested in our clients’ success. At the core of our firm are interdisciplinary teams engaged in every step of project lifecycles. Our teams champion true collaboration, open information sharing, shared risk and reward, value-based decision making, and proficient use of technology to deliver exceptional design. We are pursuing the goals of the 2030 Challenge, the ME2040, and the SE2050, and are an initial signatory of the China Accord and the AIA 2030 Commitment.
Through our values – commitment, creativity, environmental stewardship, fun, integrity, ownership, sharing, teamwork – we elevate the human experience through design, together.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
To apply, click here.