Interior Designer 10+ | Opsis Architecture, LLP | Portland, OR
*Full Time *Hybrid Work Schedule
Opsis Architecture, LLP is a leading Northwest firm combining a commitment to design excellence with a passion for innovative sustainable solutions. Our open and collaborative environment encourages energetic interaction, shared vision making and a strong sense of community. Our practice ranges from Higher Education and Cultural Arts to Community Centers, and Commercial Development, with projects throughout the western states.
As a JUST™ Organization, we are passionate about improving social equity and enhancing employee engagement. The JUST™ designation (through International Living Future Institute) helps us measure and improve our firm’s diversity, equity, safety, worker benefits and stewardship activity. Opsis has been named one of the country’s top 50 architecture firms by Architect magazine.
Opsis is looking for a Senior Interior Designer with 10+ years of experience to work on a wide variety of project types. Opsis takes great pride in our projects and believes that great environments are created by integrated and engaged design teams. Candidates should anticipate working directly with architectural staff as well as interior design staff on multiple aspects of the design. We hope to find an individual who shares our passion for this work, to fill a full-time position in our dynamic Portland studio.
- Assists with the process of developing project work plans and managing the production schedule, including defining and meeting deadlines.
- Utilizes creative thinking to achieve innovative solutions and develop technical and design solutions.
- Facilitates effective execution of project design and the delivery of Construction Documents
- Preparation of documents, including verifying implementation documents conform to QA/QC and Opsis standards, best practice and quality expectations.
- Lead creative efforts on a variety of client projects, developing overall design concepts and design presentation strategies.
- Prepares client presentations and presents design concepts and drawings.
- Coordinates with PM, clients, public agencies, consultants and contractors to incorporate engineering systems, to respond to requests for information, clarifications and modifications and to obtain approvals.
- Communicate with other disciplines, product representatives, furniture dealers, fabricators and contractors to incorporate all information into project documents.
- Performs product research; assists project designers with materials and systems evaluation.
- Develops code analysis and confirms code and zoning requirements.
- Participates in the selection and presentation of furniture, furniture systems, fabrics, equipment, fixtures and equipment (FF&E), color palettes and lighting.
- Coordinates with project team on review and approval of final interior and exterior programming, space planning, design development documents, construction documents, furnishings selections and purchases, RFIs and submittals
- Participate in discussions of project issues, technical issues and coordination with other disciplines.
- Collaborate with team members and colleagues to promote an inter-disciplinary design approach and philosophy.
- Attends on-site visits, field reviews and project meetings and documents these visits as appropriate.
- May lead consultant team work sessions and prepare meeting minutes for coordination.
- Assists PA/PM with the development and management of project job costs, budget and resourcing projections.
- Collaborates in managing projects to satisfy requirements from budget and schedule perspective while producing a quality project.
- Supports business development process by identifying new opportunities and marketing current clients.
- Accredited professional degree in Interior Design or related field
- NCIDQ certification or architectural license strongly preferred
- 10+ years of interior design in multiple project types including K-12 and higher education, civic, recreation, and arts.
- Sustainable design accreditation preferred
- Proficiency in software such as Revit, AutoCAD, Bluebeam Revu, Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup and InDesign preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite preferred
- Advanced knowledge of sustainability and integrated design guidelines
- Strong knowledge of architectural building systems, accessibility guidelines and QA/QC process
- Strong knowledge of building codes and ability to research and incorporate into technical documents
- Experience with FF&E to carry out design intent
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and professional manner both verbally and in writing
Please visit www.opsisarch.com to learn more about our team, projects, industry recognition, community involvement and generous benefits program.
Opsis Architecture LLP is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Additional Application Instructions
Please submit a cover letter and resume: Employment@opsisarch.com
*Opsis is currently operating on a Hybrid schedule: Mon & Fri-Remote/Tues-Thurs in Office