Interior Designer 5+ | Opsis Architecture, LLP |Portland, OR
*Full Time *Hybrid Work Schedule
Opsis Architecture, LLP is a leading Northwest firm combining a commitment to design excellence with a passion for innovative sustainable solutions. Our open and collaborative environment encourages energetic interaction, shared vision making and a strong sense of community. Our practice ranges from Higher Education and Cultural Arts to Community Centers, and Commercial Development, with projects throughout the western states.
As a JUST™ Organization, we are passionate about improving social equity and enhancing employee engagement. The JUST™ designation (through International Living Future Institute) helps us measure and improve our firm’s diversity, equity, safety, worker benefits and stewardship activity. Opsis has been named one of the country’s top 50 architecture firms by Architect magazine.
Opsis is looking for an Intern Interior Designer with 5+ years of experience to work on a wide variety of project types. Opsis takes great pride in our projects and believes that great environments are created by integrated and engaged design teams. Candidates should anticipate working directly with architectural staff as well as interior design staff on multiple aspects of the design. We hope to find an individual who shares our passion for this work, to fill a full-time position in our dynamic Portland studio.
- Contribute to all project phases: programming client needs, project strategy, space planning, schematic plans and conceptual designs for schematic design, refine design solutions for design development, collaborating with multiple disciplines.
- Contribute to the preparation of construction documents, including plans, elevations, details and specifications.
- Produce graphic presentations, including 3D renderings, for client presentations.
- Participate in the selection and presentation of furniture, furniture systems, fabrics, equipment (FF&E), color palettes, and lighting.
- Generate finish plans, specifications, and material selections needed for construction.
- Provide design support and documentation during completion and execution of design concepts.
- Work with external consultants, product representatives, furniture dealers, fabricators and regulatory agencies to achieve project objectives.
- 5+ years of interior design in multiple project types including K-12 and higher education, civic, recreation, and arts.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Interior Design or Architecture from an accredited school
- Knowledge of building codes and standards
- Proficient in Revit, Photoshop and InDesign
- Ability to work on multiple assignments and deadlines.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Graphic and visualization skills to effectively communicate design ideas.
- Knowledge of furniture, finishes, materials, color selections, and specifications
Please visit www.opsisarch.com to learn more about our team, projects, industry recognition, community involvement and generous benefits program.
Opsis Architecture LLP is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Additional Application Instructions
Please submit a cover letter and resume: Employment@opsisarch.com
*Opsis is currently operating on a Hybrid schedule: Mon & Fri-Remote/Tues-Thurs in Office