Professional Certification Reimbursement
The IIDA Oregon Chapter strives to promote continuing education for all members and to reduce barriers in obtaining professional certifications which support the advancement of the Interior Design profession. One way we support our members is by awarding at least (1) Professional Certification Reimbursement per year to candidates who have successfully completed exams or coursework resulting in a professional certification. The process for determining the recipient(s) will be a lottery system. Members who have been selected will be notified by July 1st of each year and will be formally acknowledged at the Chapter’s Annual Celebration, after which funds will be distributed.
Note: In the event that a Member’s firm/employer pays a portion of the cost of the exam or course, the IIDA Member can still apply for reimbursement for the portion they have paid themselves. The IIDA Oregon Chapter will not reimburse firms/employers for exams, course fees or portions thereof.
- Candidate must be an IIDA Member in good standing (those having paid dues for the current year and are up to date on required continuing education credits)
- Candidates must have received confirmation that they have completed and passed all required exam sections or coursework within 2 years of the current application deadline.
- Maximum reimbursement will be the cost of one full exam or course fees resulting in a professional certification.
- Eligible exams and courses resulting in a professional certification include but are not limited to:
- WELL Accredited Professional (WELL AP)
- Living Future Accreditation (LFA)
- Fitwel Ambassador
- Evidence-Based Design Accreditation & Certification (EDAC)
- Healthy Materials Lab Parsons School of Design
Additional Opportunities for Reimbursement
The IIDA Foundation (managed by the International Interior Design Association) also offers opportunity for reimbursement of NCIDQ and LEED examinations. Reimbursement for these exams is offered twice a year. To learn more about the IIDA Foundation and reimbursement programs through International Headquarters, please reference the following links: