IIDA Student Membership provides students enrolled in an interior design program the resources they need that are not available on campus. Being a student member introduces you to our vibrant design community, with opportunities to create meaningful relationships, network with professionals, and build opportunities for your professional future as you gain valuable skills.
Membership gives students access to resources such as mentoring programs, online newsletters, career center, and joining your school’s campus center. Benefits include exclusive eligibility to use your Student IIDA acronym after your name demonstrating your credibility and maximizing your professional exposure.
Benefits to You as a Student Member
- Student Appellation, exclusive eligibility to use your Student IIDA acronym after your name demonstrating your credibility and maximizing your professional exposure.
- Attend Member-Only events.
- Campus Centers, a design-oriented group on your campus which provides opportunities to interact with other IIDA Student Members, organize events, take on leadership role, and work closely with local Chapter leaders.
- Be a recognized contributor to the local design community.
- Get discounted tickets to select Chapter and City Center events.
- Receive free admission to select continuing education courses and forums.
Oregon Resources & Opportunities
- Design Awards: Student Submission Category
- State of the Industry Report
- Job Postings
- Student Symposium
- Design Scholarship for BIPOC & Low-Income Students
- Student Design Charette
- Industry Information tailored to Students:
– Elevating IIDA Students
– From IIDA Student Member to Associate Membership
National Resources & Opportunities
- Student of the Year
Recognizes an IIDA Student Member who has significantly impacted their school’s interior design program through outstanding leadership, insight, and involvement.
- Student Design Competition
Celebrates the talent of interior design students and provides the opportunity to showcase your work and gain exposure in the interior design industry.
- Wilsonart Essay Competition
The Wilsonart Student Education fund was established to provide financial support for activities directly related to the advancement of the professional development of IIDA Student Members.
- Campus Center Awards
The IIDA Campus Center Awards recognize outstanding achievement by an IIDA Campus Center through the development of superior programming that enhances the interior design profession at the student and local levels.
- IA Diversity in Design Scholarship Fund
The IIDA Foundation, in partnership with IA Interior Architects, has created the IA Interior Architects Diversity in Design Scholarship Fund, which recognizes that creating a diverse design community is paramount in making the world of design a more inclusive and innovative place.
- John Nelson Sr. Legacy Scholarship
The John J. Nelson Sr. Legacy Scholarship Fund was created to benefit and further the study of interior design and architecture by students of African American descent who are currently enrolled in a U.S. not-for-profit CIDA or NASAD accredited interior design or NAAB accredited architecture program.
Become an IIDA Student Member Today!
To apply online or to download an application for student membership, click here.
Recently graduated from design school? Click here to learn about what to do next.