Contact: Kim Gonzales, IIDA – PR Chair, 503-952-1567, email@example.com
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SEPTEMBER 22, 2014
IIDA OREGON DESIGN EXCELLENCE AWARDS
Portland, OR – The International Interior Design Association (IIDA) Oregon chapter is proud to present the Design Excellence Awards, a juried competition for design excellence and innovation. Interior designers, architects and industrial designers from Oregon and SW Washington are invited to submit entries for interior environments within an architectural shell. Project location is not a criterion for eligibility.
Three guest jurors will be announced and featured on the IIDA Oregon website and social media streams. The jury will use written and visual material for their analysis during a two day session leading up to the event, in which the moderator will also participate. Submissions will be judged for suitability to the project challenge, originality of the design solution, and the successful integration of planning, interior forms, finishes and furnishings. From the qualifying entries, awards will be presented in the following categories:
- Best of Category
- Category Honorable Mention
- Overall Juror’s Choice
- Overall People’s Choice
- Against All Odds
- GRAY Magazine Award
Award winning projects will be honored at an awards ceremony at the McMenamins Crystal Ball Room on October 23rd, 2014 at 5:30 pm. Cocktails and dinner will be served at the event.
From qualifying entries, one Best of Category and one Category Honorable Mention will be given in each category:
- PUBLIC + CIVIC INSTITUTIONS
- HOSPITALITY/ RESTAURANT/ RETAIL
- RESIDENTIAL (SINGLE OR MULTI-FAMILY)
- CONCEPTUAL (INTERIOR PROJECTS OR REALIZED PRODUCT DESIGN)
The winning projects and products will be announced through an IIDA Oregon Chapter press release sent to local and national press, and email newsletter to designers and industry, promoted on the chapter’s social media streams, as well as posted on the chapter’s website.
All entries will receive additional exposure via online display and voting for the People’s Choice Award, which will open on October 20th, 2014 on the chapter’s website.
Three award winning projects will be selected for a guided tour during the IIDA Oregon Chapter Design Crawl event in April, 2015.
NEW THIS YEAR
- The ceremony is now called the Design Excellence Awards, previously named the IIDA IDEAwards.
- Digital format for all project submissions. No printing or shipping for entrants.
- Submission process has been simplified with a new template that entrants populate.
- GRAY Magazine is the Media Partner to the 2014 Design Excellence Awards, and an editor will be moderating the jury process and awards ceremony.
- GRAY Magazine will also be presenting a GRAY Award to a recipient selected by their editorial staff.
- Bios of the guest jurors and moderator will be published on the IIDA Oregon chapter’s blog and promoted on the chapter’s social media streams.
SUBMISSIONS – August 26 to September 24, 2014
PEOPLE’S CHOICE ONLINE VOTING – October 20 to October 23, 2014
AWARDS PRESENTATION – October 23, 2014, 5:30 pm at McMenamins Crystal Ballroom in Portland, Oregon
DESIGN CRAWL OF SELECTED AWARD WINNING SPACES – April 23, 2015
For more information about the submission process or Design Excellence Awards event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
# # #
About International Interior Design Association
IIDA is the Commercial Interior Design Association with a global reach. We support design professionals, industry affiliates, educators, students, firms, and their clients through our network of 13,000+ Members across 50 countries. IIDA advocates for advancements in education, design excellence, legislation, leadership, accreditation, and community outreach to increase the value and understanding of Interior Design as a profession that enhances business value and positively impacts the health and well-being of people’s lives every day. www.iida.org